Turkish authorities say a suspect has been arrested after at least six people were killed and 81 wounded in an explosion in a busy area of central Istanbul.
The blast happened at about 16:20 local time (13:20 GMT) on Sunday on a shopping street in the Taksim Square area.
Vice-President Fuat Oktay earlier said the blast was thought to be a terrorist attack
Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu said a person suspected of having left the bomb had been arrested by police, and accused the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) of responsibility.
No one has so far claimed responsibility for the blast.
#Turkey #BBCNews
Please subscribe HERE http://bit.ly/1rbfUog
#BBCNews
TRENTO (ITALPRESS) – “La Pubblica amministrazione sta vivendo una trasformazione profonda che riguarda non soltanto l’organizzazione interna delle amministrazioni, ma…
ROMA (ITALPRESS) – “La data del 23 maggio ha segnato la storia della Repubblica. La strage di Capaci, manifestazione tra…
ROMA (ITALPRESS) – “Il 23 maggio 1992 l’Italia si fermò di fronte all’orrore della strage di Capaci in cui persero…
The public health risk from the current Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo has been raised from "high"…
Roma, 23/05/2026 - Il videomessaggio del Presidente del Consiglio, Giorgia Meloni, per la 17° edizione del Festival del Lavoro. https://www.governo.it/it/articolo/17-edizione-del-festival-del-lavoro-il-videomessaggio-del-presidente-meloni/31910