Categories: Estero

Two women say they were raped while filming for Married At First Sight UK | BBC News


Rape claims involving Channel 4’s Married at First Sight (MAFS) UK show are "serious" and there must be consequences for "criminality or wrongdoing", the Department for Culture, Media and Sport has said.

A BBC Panorama investigation revealed allegations two women had been raped during filming, while a third said she had been the victim of a non-consensual sex act.

In a statement released shortly after BBC News broke the story on Monday, Channel 4 said it had commissioned an external review of welfare on the show last month "after being presented with serious allegations of wrongdoing".

Lawyers for CPL, an independent production company which makes the UK version of the show, said its welfare system was "gold standard" and industry-leading, and that it had acted appropriately in all these cases.

Channel 4’s CEO Priya Dogra expressed sympathy to contributors who had "clearly been distressed after taking part in Married at First Sight", and said the allegations were disputed by those accused, adding that she believed the broadcaster had "acted quickly, appropriately, sensitively and with well-being front and centre" when concerns were raised.

Subscribe to our channel here: https://bbc.in/bbcnews

For the latest news download the BBC News app or visit BBC.com/news

#MarriedAtFirstSight #UK #BBCNews

Redazione

Comments are closed.